West Michigan IBM System i User Groups
The West Michigan groups present timely information to CIO’s, Directors, Managers, Analysts, and Programmers who utilize the IBM System i(AS400) platform in their business.
The groups typically meet the third Wednesday of September, November, February, and May in Grand Rapids – WMSUG, and the third Thursday of the month in Kalamazoo – I-94 Group.
The groups normally open doors at 8:00 am with coffee & rolls and kick off presentations at 8:30 am with presentations usually running until 11:30 (try to have a 20 minute peer network building break) at which time they transition into a general round table discussion on any related topic members may have. Don’t reinvent the wheel, somebody has probably already looked into, or implemented the project you’re about to start!
About this blog
I created this blog to share ideas on how to do things on the IBM i (formerly known as AS400, iSeries, and System i). Not everyone is an IBM i “black belt”, with many years of experience on the IBM i and who already knows all or most of the details in the posts of this blog. There are many “white”, “yellow”, and even “purple belts” who do not, and these need to be nurtured and encourage to become the “black belts” of the future.
I do not claim, or pretend, to be the person who knows the best way of doing everything. I hope that when I post on a subject if you know an alternative or better way of doing it you describe your method in the comments section for others to read.
Most of the ideas for these posts come from questions I have been asked by others.
From across the Pond
We have some fascinating and compelling links forwarded to us from our IBM friends “across the Pond”. There are so many, they need a page of their own. Check them out.
Power 9 Links
Here are a number of Power 9 related links from Therese Eaton
Here’s a nice promotional video for COMMON featuring a whole bunch of great Omni friends! Watch closely and you can spot our intrepid president selling raffle tickets.
(stay to the end for the outtakes)
Walsh College Open Source Community
- Automated Training Systems (ATS)
- Code400.com – The Support Alternative
- The 400 School
- IBM System i Developer Road Atlas
- International Technical Support Organization (ITSO)
- IT Jungle
- imPower Technologies
- Manta Technologies
- Midrange Computing Storefront
- MIDRANGE dot COM
- RPG & DB2 Summit
- The RPG Developer Network
- System i Developer
- TLCC (The Learning Continuum Company)
- BCD’s WebSmart
- IBM Business application modernization services
- Look Software
- michaels, ross & cole (mrc)
- Profound Logic Software
Other IBM Midrange
User Group Web Sites
- Delmarva Mid-Range User’s Group
- Fairfield AS/400 User Group (FASUG)
- Long Island Systems User Group (LISUG)
- Midrange Users Group of Western New York (MUGWNY)
- NorthEastern Systems Technology Users Group (NESTU)
- New England Midrange Users Group (NEMUG)
- New England Systems, Inc.
- New Hampshire Midrange User Group (NHMUG)
- Washington Area Midrange (WAM) eServer – System i User’s Group
- Vermont Midrange User Group (VTMUG)
- Birmingham Midrange User’s Group
- Central Florida Midrange Users Group
- Data Exchange Bay Area Users Group in Tampa (DEBUG)
- IBM Midrange Users Group in Nashville (iMUG)
- Kentuckiana Small Systems Association of Louisville (KSSA)
- Triangle Midrange Users Group of Raleigh (TMUG)
- The *Base AS400/iSeries Users Group
- Association of System Users – Columbus, Ohio (ASU)
- Gateway/400 Group
- IBM Users Group of Central Missouri
- Madison Area Midrange Systems Users Group (MAMSUG)
- Mid-Range Michiana Users Group (MRMUG)
- The Omni User of Chicago
- South East Michigan iSeries User Group (SEMIUG)
- Toronto Users Group for System i (TUG)
- Tri-State Midrange Users Group (TSMUG)
- West Michigan IBM iSeries User Groups – I-94 & WMSUG
- Wisconsin Midrange Computer Professional Association (WMCPA)